Columbia Energy Symposium 2021: An International Perspective on the Energy Transition
The Columbia Energy Symposium is the largest student-run energy event in New York City. Every year, this cross-discipline event brings together hundreds of energy professionals, students, faculty, leaders, and executives representing industry, government, and society, to explore and advance our insights into today's challenging energy questions.
This year, we will be discussing what the energy transition looks like both domestically and internationally in the years following the pandemic. Our keynote speakers and panelists will be sharing their insight as to the major trends facing the industry.
The symposium will feature
- Prof. Johannes Urpelainen, Director and Prince Sultan bin Abdulaziz Professor of Energy, Resources and Environment at The Johns Hokpins University School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS)
Fireside Chat Speaker:
- Alicia Barton, CEO FireLight Power with Richard Kauffman, Chairman of the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA), as Moderator.
- Ammad Faisal, Senior Managing Director at Marathon Capital and Co-Head of NYC Office
- Kellie Metcalf, Managing Partner at EnCap Energy Transition
- Felipe Bayón Pardo, Chief Executive Officer of the Ecopetrol Group
- Suzanne Singer, Founder and Executive Director at Native Renewables
- Joao Cunha, Head of Renewable Energy at African Development Bank Group
- Bernardo Vargas, Chief Executive Officer at ISA
- And Many More!
- Energy Transition in Latin America moderated by Columbia Professor Mauricio Cardenas
- Energy in the Developing World moderated by Columbia Professor Bruce Usher
- Private Investment into Supporting Renewables moderated by Dr. Daniel Nocera
- Renewable Portfolio Standards moderated by Columbia Professor Michael Gerrard
The symposium will be a great opportunity to network with students and professionals in the industry!
Due to the continued generosity of our sponsors, we are proud to provide the event for free this year. The event will be hosted virtually through Hopin. See you there!
For more information regarding the event, please reach out to us at <[email protected]>.